Please choose a body region on the right for you to pin point the problem area of your body.
Shop by Condition
Shop by Brand
Item # GFD-PSEC | SKU # GFD-1243-1
Rosenbaum Pocket Size Plastic Eye Chart features:
Model No. 1243-1
For Your Information
The American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends the following timetable for eye exams. If you are at risk for a condition, your doctor will tell you if you need more frequent checks. If you develop eye redness that doesn't ease, sensitivity to light, changes in vision, or pain, see an eye doctor right away.
Pocket Vision Screener Instructions
Visual acuity (Va) can be assessed by using the Pocket Vision Screener (not tobe confused with the larger Snellen eye chart). The Pocket Vision Screener givesa distance equivalent Va even though the card is held 14" from the patient.Va testing is done in the following manner:
1) Have the patient wear their corrective lenses (if any), make sure the cardis evenly illuminated, and instruct the patient to hold the test card 14"away from their eyes. Corrective lenses are worn in order to determine the "best-corrected?Va.
2) Ask the patient to cover their left eye (the right eye is always examined first).
3) Ask the patient to say each letter or read each word on the line of smallestcharacters that are legible on the card.
4) Record the Va for the right eye according to the accepted notation method.
5) Repeat the process for the left eye and then with both eyes viewing the testcard and record the Va.
6) Patient's who cannot see the letters or numbers on the card should have theirvision recorded as count fingers (e.g., CF at 5ft), hand motion (e.g., HM at 2ft), light perception (LP), or no light perception (NLP).